Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Lost My Blurb-ginity!


The other day I got a really awesome email from my fellow blogger-buddy Bryce from Only The Best Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Bryce was kind enough to give me the heads up that my review of Scourge of the Betrayer got blurbed in the trade paperback edition of said book.   

Bryce also sent me a photo of the blurb, which was exciting, but I really wanted see it for myself. I've been searching around a few of the local book shops here in Seattle, but I didn't come across a paperback copy of the book until today.

Exciting! It was all I could do to not show it off to the random people in the fantasy and sci-fi section.

Thanks go out to Bryce for the heads up, and thanks to Jeff Salyards for blurbing my review!

11 comments:

Bryce L. said...

Nice work! I'm so glad you found a copy too, my picture was crap, haha. :) Livin' the dream man, livin' the dream!

Ryan said...

Thanks Bryce! It was a pretty awesome feeling to see the Battle Hymns name in print.

Jeff Salyards said...

It was pretty awesome to have such a great review to mine for good blurb comments. :)

Ryan said...

Well, Thank you Jeff. I really appreciate it!

redhead said...

Congrats! them's some bragging rights! :D

Ryan said...

Redhead- Yeah, it's a great experience. Trying to not let it go to my head!

Justin said...

Awesome! Good to see all the hard work paying off.

Ryan said...

Thanks Justin!

Sarah (Bookworm Blues) said...

Congratulations! Getting a blurb in a book is always a great, very exciting milestone. :)

Ryan said...

Thanks Sarah! Yeah, it is definitely very exciting. Hopefully it's the first of many!

Mieneke van der Salm said...

Congrats Ryan!!