Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's That Time Again...Blogiversary!

Holy Shit!  Battle Hymns is 2 years old today!  In internet terms, that is like the equivalent of a pimply tween or something.   Scary.

As awesome as my first year of blogging was, I gotta say, the second year was even better.  More people checking out the site, more comments, more exciting interactions, more posts...oh wait, actually, one less post than the year before.  All in all, a wonderful year, and the kicker is that, this coming year looks to be even better.

Before I blab on too much, I just want to say thanks to everyone who stops by Battle Hymns and shares some of their time with the blog.  I greatly appreciate it, and continue to be completely charmed/chuffed/touched that you feel the urge, or have the interest to read what I have to say.  It's really quite awesome of you.

In my personal life, if all goes to plan, then I'll graduate in 2012, and hopefully score what people call a "real job".  The graduating part will be awesome, and I'll be a much happier man once I get school in my rear view mirror.  The "real job" part, well, the awesomeness of that remains to be seen.

In my blogging life, I have a shelf full of great stuff I'm drooling over that I can't wait to read and review/share here at Battle Hymns.  I'm also hoping that once I get done with school, that I'll have a bit more spare time to dedicate to making the blog more awesome than it already is, and add more content.  Until then, I'll do my very best to entertain and enthrall all who visit with my usual reviews of books, comics, and music along with the occasional other stuffs...  Hopefully you'll all continue to join me!

Cheers!

-Ryan

6 comments:

Justin said...

Keep up the good work Ryan. Yeah, it looks like 2012 is shaping up to be a big year for a lot of folks, myself including. I may even end up moving back to Seattle, depending on where I find a new position this summer.

Here's my lengthy reading list for this year and probably the next: "1Q84" - Haruki Murakami, "The Wise Man's Fear" - Patrick Rothfuss, "The Reapers are the Angels" - Alden Bell, "Zone One" Colson Whitehead, "Embassytown" - China Mieville, "The Sacred Band" - David Anthony Durham, "Boneshaker" -Cherie Priest, "Soft Apocalypse" - Will McIntosh, "Count to a Trillion" - John Wright

Ivanka said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your blog and reviews expose me to a lot of work I would never think to check out, so thank you for broadening my horizons!

Ryan said...

Thanks Justin,

2012 would be extra sweet if you moved back to Seattle. Your reading list for the year looks great. Lots of good reads on there.

Ryan said...

Ivanka,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I can broaden your horizons. I've got lots of cool stuff lined up that will hopefully continue to do the same.

Bryce L. said...

Happy Blog-Day. Wow, it seems like just yesterday.

Ryan said...

Thanks dude. Time definitely flies when you are having fun.