Monday, October 10, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry it's been kinda quiet around here lately.  School has ramped up again, and has stuck its vile claws into both my reading and blogging time.  I also spent this past weekend checking out Olympic National Park, doing a bit of hiking, sightseeing, camping and infusing my hair, skin and clothes with the lovely/stank-ass aroma (depending on the setting) of wood smoke.

Fear not, I still have plenty of blog-able material lined up.  Sitting in the review queue are not one but two World Fantasy Award winners, some more Hellboy, and a nice little Jack the Ripper style Halloween treat.  There's also a pile of unread comics lying in wait, as well as a certain tentacled China Mieville novel calling my name.  Oh, and I'm also going to see Opeth live in concert this coming weekend, so brace yourselves intrepid readers for a splendid October of cant-miss material.

3 comments:

Justin said...

Also looking forward to your reviews of the new Opeth and Mastodon albums. "Kraken" was a fun read and I'm really looking forward to "Embassytown". I'm currently at work on "Dance with Dragons".
The Opeth concert should be a great one.

Justin said...

Don't forget Duff McKagan's new autobiography in case you haven't gotten your fill of rock star tell-alls...

Ryan said...

Yeah, Opeth should be pretty cool.

I'm enjoying Kraken so far. I just need to get more time to read it.

I think I'm good on rock star tell-alls for the moment...