Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chew Coming to TV!


I read over on the Comics Alliance website that John Layman and Rob Guillory's awesome comic series, Chew has been optioned for television. A company called Circle of Confusion is behind the deal...they've handled similar things before apparently, locking down Powers for the cable network FX, and more recently, The Walking Dead for AMC.

I don't see how this isn't a cable series, what with the cannibalism, and occasional cussing, which means my sorry can't-afford-cable-ass will be waiting for the DVD release. Sad. Congrats to Layman and Guillory though!

2 comments:

Justin said...

Cable TV is where it's at these days. There's a lot more freedom for writers on cable as opposed to Hollywood where original ideas and intelligent material are discouraged in favor of sequels, remakes, toy adaptations, etc. I can't wait for Walking Dead and of course A Song of Ice and Fire on HBO. I just started watching The Pillars of the Earth on Starz an it's solid so far.

Ryan said...

Yeah, I agree, cable is pretty awesome...too bad I can't afford it. I just watched Season 1 of The Wire recently, and that show is amazing.